LivingByExample.org (“Website”) respects the intellectual property rights of others and is committed to complying with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and other applicable copyright laws. This DMCA Takedown Policy outlines the procedures for submitting and processing DMCA takedown notices regarding copyrighted material that may appear on our Website.
Reporting Copyright Infringement
If you are a copyright owner or an authorized agent and believe that your copyrighted work has been infringed upon on our Website, you may submit a written DMCA takedown notice to our designated Copyright Agent. Your notice must include the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or authorized agent.
- Identification of the copyrighted work(s) claimed to have been infringed.
- Identification of the material on our Website that is claimed to be infringing and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
- Your contact information, including your name, mailing address, telephone number, and email address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notice is accurate, and that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Please send your DMCA takedown notice to our designated Copyright Agent:
[Insert Name of Copyright Agent] [Insert Address] [Insert Email Address] [Insert Phone Number]
If you believe that material you posted on our Website was removed or access to it was disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification, you may submit a counter-notification to our Copyright Agent. Your counter-notification must include the following information:
- Your physical or electronic signature.
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access was disabled.
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification.
- Your name, mailing address, telephone number, and email address.
- A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal district court for the judicial district in which your address is located or, if your address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the service provider may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided the original DMCA notice or an agent of that person.
Please send your counter-notification to our designated Copyright Agent at the address provided above.
LivingByExample.org may terminate the accounts of users who are deemed to be repeat infringers of copyright. A repeat infringer is a user who has been the subject of multiple valid DMCA takedown notices.
LivingByExample.org is not responsible for verifying the accuracy of DMCA takedown notices or counter-notices, and we do not make determinations regarding the validity of claims of infringement. We will, however, promptly process and respond to notices and counter-notices as required by the DMCA.
For questions or concerns regarding this DMCA Takedown Policy, please contact our designated Copyright Agent at the address provided above.
This DMCA Takedown Policy is subject to change without notice, and any updates will be posted on this page with a revised effective date.